January 28, 2017

Reading my TBR

Like many avid readers, I accumulate books faster than I can read them. Through the years, I've bought several shelves' worth of books, and while I've read a large majority of them, there are many books in my possession that I haven't read yet. Throw in the e-books that I've downloaded to my Kindle, and my TBR list is pretty darn long!

At the beginning of this year, I decided to tackle my TBR in earnest. I signed up for the Goodreads Reading Challenge, with a goal of reading 75 books in 2017. That comes out to an average of a little more than 6 books each month. Among those 6 books, I'm vowing that at least two will be from the inventory I already own. (The rest will come from the library, which is where I get most of the books I read.) That means, if I don't buy more than 24 books this year, I should have net fewer books on my TBR list by the end of the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment