February 20, 2021

A writing update (Feb 2021)

It's been a while since I gave an update on my writing progress. The last time I mentioned what I was working on in July 2020, I had just given up on a novel in the thriller genre. While that was disappointing, I didn't let that setback stop me. I started writing a new story back in the YA genre that I'm more comfortable with. 

The good news is that I finished the first draft of the YA novel in December! Since then, I've been revising the manuscript. I completed my first editing pass already, focusing on the big picture, whether the story makes sense and fixing major plot holes. I'm currently wrapping up my second editing pass to improve the writing itself. I never know up front how many passes it will take before I'm satisfied with the quality of a manuscript. I could be done after a third pass (although that's highly unlikely), or it could take fifty more (I hope not).

My current goal is to release this book some time in the summer. As I make more progress, I'll post additional updates. After not publishing a new novel in nearly three years, I'm excited to have another book on the horizon to share with everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment