December 30, 2022

What I read in 2022


As 2022 draws to a close, it's time to revisit the books I read this year. Once again, I set myself a goal at the beginning of the year to read 100 books. I managed to hit that goal, with 102 books read this year.

The average rating for the books I read was 4.04 stars, a hair higher than the 4.03 average from 2021's books read. The breakdown by star rating was:

  • 5 stars - 33 books
  • 4 stars - 40 books
  • 3 stars - 29 books

The numbers are uncannily similar to 2021's, the difference being that I read one fewer 3-star book in 2022.

As I mentioned in the last post, the books I read as part of the Goodreads Choice Awards reading challenge did not make as great an impact to the yearly average as it did in 2021, but it did skew the distribution. The percentage of 4-star books would have been even greater if not for the reading challenge since there were more Goodreads Choice Awards books that I gave 5-star or 3-star ratings to than 4 stars.

I'll list my top ten reads of 2022 in my next post. Stay tuned! 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment