January 4, 2024

Re-reading five-star books

With the number of unread books out there, I rarely get to re-read the ones I love. This year, I want to change that by turning re-reading into a reading challenge. This is partly because I want to revisit some of my favorite books, but another reason is that, after 2023's Year of Sanderson, I want to refresh my memory of the Cosmere. It will also be a good way for me to prepare myself for the release of Stormlight Archive #5 in December. 

My current plan is to re-read a past five-star book during each month of 2024. Some of these will be Cosmere books, and others will be favorites that I want to read again. The biggest problem I foresee will be deciding which of these great books to include since I'm constraining myself to just twelve in 2024 because, after all, there are still a LOT of new books to read. :-)

These are the Cosmere books I'm contemplating:

  1. Elantris - Brandon Sanderson
  2. Warbreaker - Brandon Sanderson
  3. The Final Empire - Brandon Sanderson
  4. The Alloy of Law - Brandon Sanderson
  5. The Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson
  6. Arcanum Unbounded - Brandon Sanderson
  7. Tress of the Emerald Sea - Brandon Sanderson
  8. Yumi and the Nightmare Painter - Brandon Sanderson

 The other favorites I'm thinking of reading this year are:

  1. The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss
  2. Wool - Hugh Howey
  3. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
  4. The Invisible Life of Addie Larue - V.E. Schwab
  5. Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell 
  6. Strange the Dreamer - Laini Taylor
  7. Bad Luck and Trouble - Lee Child
  8. Find Her - Lisa Gardner
  9. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
  10. The Wife Between Us - Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pakkanen

Since these books are among my favorites, I anticipate that this reading challenge will be one I'm guaranteed to enjoy. Depending on how it inspires me, I can see myself doing the same challenge again in the years to come so that I can re-read the five-star books I couldn't get to this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment