January 19, 2019

Reading goals for 2019


Every year, I try to have some kind of reading goal or theme to complement the books I'd normally choose to read. In 2017 and 2018, it was to make an appreciable dent in the TBR books I already own, and I've been able to do that, completing 65 such books in the last two years.

This year, I'm planning to have two reading goals:
  1. Re-reading my favorites: I rarely re-read a book, no matter how much I love it, because there are so many new books to read. However, this year, I'm going to do just that. I want to re-read at least six books (one every two months) that I've rated 5 stars. I don't know what those books will be yet, but it should be fun regardless of which ones I pick. Note: For purposes of my year-end reading statistics, I won't include the ratings for these books because I've already rated them.
  2. Authors A to Z: Back in 2013, I started an A to Z reading challenge where I would read one book by an author whose last name started with each letter of the alphabet. Back then, it took me 26 months to go through all 26 letters. This year, my goal is to finish that challenge within one year.

At the end of the year, I'll report how I did with both reading goals. What reading goals did you make for yourself this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment