December 30, 2023

What I read in 2023


We've reached the end of another year, so it's time to review the books I read in 2023. At the start of the year, I set a goal to read at least 100 books, and I finished the year with 102, the same number of books I read in 2022.

The average rating for the books I read was 4.01 stars, slightly lower than the 4.04 average from 2022's books read. The breakdown by star rating was:

  • 5 stars - 31 books
  • 4 stars - 41 books
  • 3 stars - 30 books
As I mentioned in my last post, the reading challenge I undertook this year (to read classics that everyone "should" read before they die) did not go as well as my previous reading challenges. The 3.58-star average rating from those twelve books dragged down my overall average for the year. Without the books from the reading challenge, the other books I read this year came in at 4.07 stars, which is higher than 2022's average rating.

In my next post, I'll list my top ten reads of 2023. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment