- The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
- Feed - Mira Grant
- Unwind - Neal Shusterman
- MockingJay - Suzanne Collins
- Ready Player One - Ernest Cline
- John Dies at the End - David Wong
- Smoke and Mirrors - Neil Gaiman
- Severance Package - Duane Swierczynski
- The Scorch Trials - James Dashner
Thanks to The Hunger Games trilogy, I also discovered the Young Adult Dystopian genre this year. Unwind and The Scorch Trials are both YA Dystopian stories, and Feed could be considered one too, although it's more of a zombie novel.
Absent from my Top 10 list are any books by indie authors. Indie books made up less than ten of the 70 or so books I read in 2011. While I did read a couple of good ones, none were among the ten best. I expect to read more indie books in 2012, and perhaps one or more will make my list next year.