November 24, 2012

I'm an international author?

Every month, Amazon provides a sales report for authors who use their Kindle Direct Publishing platform. This month, I noticed something interesting in my October report. I sold two copies of In the Hands of Children in the UK! And I didn't do anything special to promote it there.

This attests to the power of the Internet and an international retailer like Amazon. When I submitted my book to Amazon, I had the option of making it available on all their international sites, so I did since I had nothing to lose by doing so. And when it comes to interacting with authors, bloggers, and other folks on social media sites, I don't know where most of them are located. I've chatted with folks in Canada and the UK, but I wouldn't be surprised if I've come into contact with others around the world without knowing it.

My long-time dream of being a published author came true in early 2011. Now I can say I'm an international author too. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment