May 10, 2014

The tenth

I was looking at my author page on Amazon recently (hey, I'm paranoid because I'm afraid one day all of my books will disappear, but that's a topic for another post), and I noticed something interesting. In order of publication date, these are my books and the date they were published on Amazon:

  • Numbers Plus Four - Feb. 11, 2011
  • George and the Galactic Games - Nov. 10, 2011
  • With Five You Get Fortune Cookies - May 10, 2012
  • In the Hands of Children - Aug. 10, 2012
  • Beyond New Eden - Mar. 8, 2013
  • Drive - Aug. 10, 2013
  • Keep Your Enemies Close - Jan. 1, 2014
  • Protect - Mar. 10, 2014

Notice anything?

Five out of eight books have a publication date on the 10th of the month! Two others are within two days of the 10th of the month. Two books were published on August 10th. If not for the apparent premature publication of Beyond New Eden, I'd have two other books published on March 10th.

Is it a coincidence? Is there something about my writing process that leads to publishing a new book around the tenth of a month? I have no idea.


Oh yeah, I suppose I may be under the influence of alien forces. (That could explain why I feel so tired when I wake up in the mornings.)

I would love to say that I'll see how my future publication dates fall, but now that I'm aware of this phenomenon, I have a feeling I'll be shifting my publication to the 10th of the month if possible.

Oh, and today's date? May 10th!

No comments:

Post a Comment