November 1, 2020

NaNoWriMo 2020


It's November, which means National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is upon us again! After skipping NaNoWriMo last year due to a hectic work schedule, I'm back at it this year. It's not that I have more free time now, but I'm approaching NaNoWriMo differently than I did in the past. In the first three years that I participated, I was able to reach the 50,000-word goal by the end of the month. The next two years (2017 and 2018), I didn't. 2018 was particularly disappointing because I only wrote 18,907 words. I have no expectations that I will come close to 50,000 words this year. I may not even reach 2018's word count. In fact, the target I'm setting for myself is a modest 500 words a day, which will total 15,000 for the entire month of November. It's a goal that will force me to stretch myself, given my time constraints, but one that is achievable if I dedicate myself to it.

I'll report back at the end of the month on how I did. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment