February 12, 2011

I'm Publishing!

On the heels of getting my short story published at Every Day Fiction, I decided to put five other short stories together into a collection and self-publish it on Amazon's Kindle Store. I'm doing this mainly to get practice going through the self-publishing process. I don't know what gotchas are involved with self-publishing, how long it takes, etc. I'd rather experiment with this collection of short stories than the book that I'm currently writing. If my short story collection happens to sell well, that's an added bonus!

So far, I think I've successfully formatted my ebook and uploaded it to Amazon.  According to the Kindle Direct Publishing website, it takes a couple of days before the book shows up in the Kindle store.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment