February 3, 2011

New Year's Resolution

This blog came about as a result of a New Year's resolution... actually, two New Year's resolutions.  My 2010 resolution was to start writing again.  I've been writing fiction since grade school until my 20's.  Then kids and family obligations came along and I stopped.  Last year, the urge to write again became so strong that I resolved to make time for it.  Over the course of the year, I wrote several short stories to get back into the flow of writing. 

In December 2010, I stumbled across Joe Konrath's blog.  (If you're not familiar with him, you should read his blog).  He's a successful self-published e-books author, and he inspired me to dip my toes into the world of online self-publishing.  So my 2011 resolution is to take one of the novel ideas I've had in my head for years, finally write it, and self-publish it by the end of the year.  For me, that is an ambitious goal.  Based on my outline for the story, it requires eight months of writing (roughly two and a half chapters a month), then three months of editing, and a month to put everything together for publication.  So far, I've written two and a half chapters, so I haven't fallen behind on my schedule yet.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment