July 16, 2011

First draft done!

A month ahead of schedule, I finished the first draft of my YA sci-fi book! This first draft was handwritten in a notebook. Yes, in this age of laptops and word processors, I'm still writing long hand. I'm very excited about reaching this goal because it makes it even more likely that I'll meet my New Year's resolution of publishing the book by the end of the year.

The next step is to type up the manuscript and edit it while I type it. Since I've been writing on and off in spurts, I'm sure the story won't flow as well as I'd like. Hopefully, I will be able to fix some of the obvious faults as I type. The plan is to spend a month on typing and editing. By the end of August, I want to have an edited version of the manuscript that I'm happy with and won't mind sending out to others to proofread.

No comments:

Post a Comment