March 31, 2012

Q1 2012 resolutions update

At the beginning of the year, I made two New Year's resolutions:

  1. Finish writing my second novel
  2. Read at least ten books by indie authors

Today is the last day of the first quarter, so I wanted to review my progress so far.

I started writing my second novel last November, and I'm about 2/3 of the way through the first draft. My goal is to finish the first draft before the end of June, which should leave me enough time for editing, etc. so that I can publish it by the end of the year.

I'm ahead of pace on my second resolution. I've already read three books by indie authors. If you count short stories (which are technically separate e-books), then I've read NINE indie books. Most of them have been good, as good as traditionally published books. I've already downloaded several more indie books to my Kindle, and I'm looking forward to reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment