December 15, 2012

Favorite songs of 2012

It's that time of year when people share their top <insert topic> of 2012. I plan to write three such posts: favorite songs, favorite movies, and favorite books. So without further ado, let's kick it off with my top 5 favorite songs of 2012.

1. Titanium / David Guetta featuring Sia 

I just love this song! I can listen to it over and over again, and I have on several occasions. I love Sia's voice, especially when she sings the word "Titanium". The video is also pretty cool, which is an added bonus.

2. Lights / Ellie Goulding

I admit that I don't know why I like this song so much, but I do. On the surface, "Lights" is just a typical pop song and Ellie Goulding's voice isn't as captivating as Sia's, for instance, but when you put it all together, you get a song that makes me turn up the volume whenever I hear it on the radio (yes, I still listen to the radio).

3. Somebody That I Used To Know / Gotye featuring Kimbra

I really liked this song when it first came out, and then, when the radio stations played it non-stop, I got sick of it. Now that it's getting less air play, I like it again. Once again, bonus points for a cool video.

4. Good Time / Owl City, Carly Rae Jepsen

Carly Rae Jepsen will undoubtedly end up on many lists of top songs of 2012, except that my list doesn't include "Call Me Maybe". I like "Good Time" a lot more, and while the combination of Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen didn't seem to mesh on paper, they wound up making a good duo.

5. Eyes Open / Taylor Swift

I'm pretty sure that the only reason this song ranked so high was that it was on The Hunger Games soundtrack, and I love all things related to The Hunger Games. Still, this is my second favorite Taylor Swift song of all time after "Love Story."

No comments:

Post a Comment