December 31, 2012

Favorite reads of 2012

It's finally time to reveal my top ten favorite reads of 2012. If there was one theme to this year's list, it was that 2012 was the year of the zombies for me, especially the Rot & Ruin series by Jonathan Maberry, which took the top spot, and with all three books landing in the top ten. In all, zombie books comprised half of my top ten list, including the only indie title here, Amanda Hocking's Hollowland.


1. Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
The entire series was great, but the first book was still the best. You can look back at my review of Rot & Ruin.

2. Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Check out my review of Blood Red Road. I still haven't read the sequel yet, but it's on my 2013 TBR list.

3. Dust & Decay by Jonathan Maberry
The second book in the Rot & Ruin series is almost as good as the first.

4. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Read my review of Under the Never Sky. This is another book with a sequel that I'm looking forward to in 2013.

5. Deadline by Mira Grant
Feed, the first book in the Newsflesh trilogy, was my #3 read of 2011. Deadline, the second book in the series, was just as entertaining.This is yet another case of a sequel I need to read in 2013. There are so many books on my TBR list!

6. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
This re-telling of the Cinderella story was awesome! Part fairy tale and part YA sci-fi adventure, I highly recommend this book. Have I also mentioned that it has a sequel coming out in 2013?

7. Pretties by Scott Westerfield
I read the Uglies series this year, and while I liked all of the books, Pretties was my favorite of the bunch.

8. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
This is another re-telling of Cinderella that's more in line with traditional fairy tales. I recommend this book for readers of all ages.

9. Flesh & Bone by Jonathan Maberry
The third book in the Rot & Ruin series wasn't as good as its predecessors but it still rocked. It was probably the most action-packed of the three, starting with a bang on page one and never letting up.

10. Hollowland by Amanda Hocking
If Hollowland is indicative of Amanda Hocking's talents, I can see why she became an indie publishing legend. This is another great zombie book that fans of the genre shouldn't miss out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment