February 6, 2013

Edits done on third novel

I'm done with the rounds of self-editing that I plan to make on my latest novel! It was probably a combination of thinking the manuscript was in good shape and my getting sick and tired of editing that made me stop. Seriously, although I enjoy writing, I don't like the editing process. Besides, based on my experience with my previous books, I've found that each subsequent round of editing leads to diminishing returns because any major flaws that I'm able to find on my own have been found by the second or third round of edits. Now it's time to hand the manuscript off to proofreaders and let other pairs of eyes go over it. So I've got a little bit of a break to work on something else before it's time to revisit this story again. There are already a couple of short stories I've been wanting to write but haven't had time to. Now I get to play, in the writing sense, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment