December 21, 2013

100 books in 2013

It's hard for me to believe, but I finished reading my 100th book of 2013! I don't think I've ever read that many books in one year, even when I was in school and had required reading assignments. At the beginning of the year, I didn't have a goal to read 100 books, and things started off slowly. I averaged six or seven books a month for the first four months. Then summer hit and I started reading at least ten books a month through most of the summer and fall. Things have tapered off again since then, but not before I managed to reach the 100-book milestone before the end of the year.

Will I now set a goal to try to exceed my 2013 reading total in 2014? No way, are you crazy! :-) I'm sure I'll still keep reading at a good clip next year, but I have a feeling that 2013 was the exception, not the new rule.


No comments:

Post a Comment