December 29, 2018

What I read in 2018

 Image courtesy of Goodreads

As we approach the end of another year, it's time to review the books I read in 2017. This year, I read 85 books, one more than the 84 books I read last year.

The average rating for the books I read was 4.07 (out of 5) stars per book, broken down as follows:
  • 5 stars - 29 books
  • 4 stars - 33 books 
  • 3 stars - 23 books 

The 4.07 stars average was a slight increase from the 4.05 stars per book in 2017. It's also the highest average for a year since I started recording my ratings.

This year, I also continued my efforts to read through the books I already own from my TBR list. I managed to read more than my goal of two TBR books per month, finishing 32 in all.

The ratings for these books were as follows:
  • 5 stars - 9 books 
  • 4 stars - 14 books 
  • 3 stars - 9 books 

The average rating for my TBR books was 4.00, lower than the ratings for the other books I read this year. I attribute it (and the reason for a higher average rating in general across all books) to the fact that many of the books I read this year were sequels to books I read and enjoyed in previous years. Since I already had a predisposed bias toward the author or the series that the books belonged to, it was natural that they were rated highly.

Next up, I’ll post my top ten favorite books of 2018. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment