December 30, 2019

What I read in 2019

As another year comes to an end, it's time to review the books that I read in the last twelve months. In 2019, I read 84 books, one less than in 2018.

The average rating for the books I read was 4.01 stars per book, broken down as follows:
  • 5 stars - 24 books
  • 4 stars - 37 books 
  • 3 stars - 23 books 

The 4.01 stars average was a slight decrease from the 4.07 stars per book in 2018.

Of the 84 books read, 26 were part of the Authors A to Z Challenge that I embarked on in January. One of the goals of the reading challenge was to read books by authors whom I haven't been exposed to before, and in that regard, I considered my efforts successful, as 16 of the 26 books were from authors new to me.

The ratings for the books in the Authors A to Z challenge were distributed as follows:
  • 5 stars - 6 books 
  • 4 stars - 10 books 
  • 3 stars - 10 books 

The average rating for the books in the challenge was 3.85, lower than my overall rating for books read in 2019. This shouldn't have come as a surprise since I read several books outside of my comfort zone. However, the experience was well worth it, and I'll have to repeat the reading challenge again in the future.

In my next post, I’ll list my top ten favorite books of 2019. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment